Monday, March 19, 2012

Finally, a loser!



So, I made it!  Today is day number six after surgery and I am starting to feel more like myself.  The first few days home were difficult, as far as pain and discomfort.  However, not as difficult as when I had a c-section when Samuel was born. 

I am on phase three of the eating plan (I will post the stages later), which means that I ate about a table spoon and a half of grits for breakfast.  At lunch, I had a tablespoon or so of a mashed up sweet potato.  After being on liquids for so long, I was surprised how enjoyable those little "treats" were. 

As of today, I have lost a total of 20.8 pounds.  The bulk of that was before surgery while on the liquid diet, but I am happy about the loss, nonetheless. 

I am still really sore at times, especially at night, but have lowered my pain medication dosage and frequency.  I see Dr. Ross on Wednesday at 1 o'clock and have my post-op class then as well.  I will update you more then.  It's great to be a loser! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment