Friday, March 2, 2012

"Feed Me, Feed Me All Your Trash!"



Do any of you remember that commercial (for trash bags, I think) that came on in the early 90's?  The trash bag or can would sing, "Feed me, feed me all your trash!"   I have looked everywhere to find a clip of it and can't.

Anyway, today is my fourth day on the pre-op liquid diet and has been the best day so far.  The first day I felt hungry sometimes but it was always time to have another shake when I felt that way.  The second and third day were AWFUL!  Y'all, I was so hungry!  My little boy came up to me after he had been eating a birthday cake Oreo.  He smelled like birthday cake and I wanted to eat his sweet little face! :)  My husband asked me how I was doing and I sang him the song from the commercial.  "Feed me, feed me all your trash!"  We shared a laugh and he encouraged me.  So thankful for a man like that! :)

I learned on that third day to always have a glass of water near by.  Continuously drinking water between shakes or soups really helps.

Today, I think my body has adjusted and maybe my stomach has shrunk?   I have felt a lot more satisfied and a lot less grouchy. :)

My sisters, who are also overweight, and I have always made jokes about skinny people being mean.  Oh, don't pretend! You know there is a reason people say, "fat and happy," and "skinny bi**h."  I am sure my sisters would have said, "Give her a cheeseburger!" if they would have been here.  In the short term, a cheeseburger would have rocked my world!  However, in the process, over the past 6+ months, I have learned that there are more important things than being fed.  Like, living!  So, I am sticking to the plan.

Today I weighed in at 245.4, a 10.6 pound loss!  Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment